You could use this recipe for normal bread loaves but you can also use it for muffins and mini muffins and they are going to be really wonderful because this is a dense bread that is excellent for muffins. You can give them to your kids as a pre – school snack and keep some for home! You are going to use this one again. This is an all time, excellent, every time recipe. It is very simple, and so well loved by many. Here it goes:
Pumpkin Bread Ingredients
• 750 grams canned pumpkin puree
• 400 ml vegetable oil
• 1 kilogram white sugar
• 6 eggs
• 4 3/4 cups all – purpose flour
• 1 1/2 tea spoons baking powder
• 1 1/2 tea spoons baking soda
• 1/4 tea spoons salt
• 1 1/2 tea spoons ground cinnamon
• 1 1/2 tea spoons ground nutmeg
• 1 1/2 tea spoons ground cloves
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F (or 175 degrees C). Grease and flour three loaf pans.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the pumpkin, the oil, the sugar, and the eggs. Combine the flour, the baking powder, the baking soda, the salt, the cinnamon, the nutmeg, and the cloves. Stir into the pumpkin mixture until well blended. Divide the batter evenly between the prepared pans.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour. The top of the loaf should spring back when lightly pressed.
You can add raisins, mini chocolate chips (the best), pecans, or walnuts.
Your mouth will start to water 40 minutes in to the baking time as the aroma invades your home. Since this makes 3 loaves, it is a great gift to bring over to neighbors and relatives, also great to freeze and have on hand.
If you want to make it healthier then use only half of the oil, and substitute the rest for unsweetened apple sauce since oil has 10 grams fat per slice. It stays fresh in the fridge for a little over a week but do not rely on this. This lightened version has 168 calories, 1 gram fat per serving (36 servings).