Jewelry making craft projects typically involve using jewelry supplies to make all sorts of items – some wearable, some useable, and some decorative. It’s a fun way to use up bits and pieces of leftover supplies, or to mix other craft forms with jewelry techniques. If you’re having a creativity block, have some fun using your supplies in a totally different kind of project.
Kids love jewelry making craft projects too. You can set out an assortment of beads, findings, colored art wire, ribbon, glue, and a few other odds and ends – and a group of creative children can happily entertain themselves for a couple of hours.
You can also make and sell kits for specific projects, and include photos of a few suggested ways to create the project using the supplies in the kit package. Jewelry making craft kits are popular gifts, and can sell well if you hit on currently cool projects and colors.
Jewelry Making Craft Ideas
Here are a few idea starters for projects you can experiment with. Many of these items make wonderful gifts, especially if you personalize the design for the person you give it to.
* Home decor – try using your jewelry supplies to embellish vases, create wall hangings, craft a bookmark, or make a wind chime.
* Baby gifts – make a dream-catcher to hang over baby’s crib, or a sun-catcher to sparkle in the window.
* Clothing – use rhinestones or faux pearls to decorate a T-shirt, a pair of jeans, or a jacket. Make a belt buckle fancier with your jewelry making craft supplies.
* Handbags – embellish a cigar box into a purse with jeweled clasp, or crochet a beaded evening bag, or decorate a tote bag with beaded fringe and photo-charms of grandchildren.
* Shoes – make pretty shoe clips from wire and other items. Or add beads to the ends of tennis shoe laces.
* Gift packaging – use jewelry supplies to decorate a gift bag or create package ornaments.
* Holiday ornaments – design seasonal decorations small enough to hang on a tree, or large enough to hang on a door. Or give ordinary ornaments a makeover with jewelry making craft supplies.
* Party favors – make wine glass charms or coffee mug markers.
* Small gifts for anyone – create zipper pulls, cell phone charms, ceiling fan pulls, and key chains.
What Can You Use for Jewelry Making Craft Supplies?
In addition to your regular jewelry supplies and tools, here are some examples of other great crafty items to have on hand for your projects:
* A variety of glues.
* Fabric paint.
* Spray paint.
* Sharpie markers – wide tip and fine tip.
* Craft knife and cutting mat.
* Mod Podge.
* Bits and pieces of interesting paper and ephemera.
* Used postage stamps.
* Sponge brushes.
* Small paint brushes.
* Scrapbooking paper.
* Embossing powders.
* Ribbon, string, raffia, embroidery floss.
* Rubber stamps and ink.
After enjoying a few sessions of jewelry making craft projects, don’t be surprised to find yourself crossing over into using craft materials in your jewelry designs. It opens up a whole new universe of addictive supplies and tools to collect!