These old fashioned butter cakes are still very tasty and this mocha butter cake is no exception. What is even better, with one of the modern electric stand mixers it becomes very easy to make these cakes. It is not necessary to do all the beating and mixing by hand as a stand mixer can handle it with ease.
There is a wide variety of machines to choose from and if you are interested in buying one, here are a few handy tips for you:
Not all are strong enough to handle the creaming of butter and sugar. So, you have to do your homework and make sure the machine you get is up to it.
Looking for an electric stand mixer can be fun. The choice is really huge and some models come in really exciting colors and you will get the color just right to complement the decor of your kitchen.
Most of these also have a wide range of attachments. It is best to consider your other needs before you make any investment. Think about attachments such as blenders, pasta machines and choppers. Make sure you do not purchase unnecessary attachments just because they look like fun as this can send up the price, resulting in an unnecessary high outlay of money.
Keep in mind that if you want to make bread, using a dough hook, you really need a strong machine. The mere fact that a dough hook is included does not necessarily means that it is up to really hard kneading; it may only be suitable for small amounts of dough. So choose wisely.
I’ve kept you long enough now, so let us get down to the mocha butter cake recipe.
Mocha Butter Cake Recipe
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 ounces butter
- 2 eggs separated
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup strong black coffee
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Prepare the cake tins by lining and greasing them
- Thoroughly cream the butter and sugar
- Add the egg yolks one at a time and beat well after each addition
- Add the salt
- Add the sifted flour and baking powder mixture alternatively with the coffee
- Stir in the walnuts
- Fold in the whipped whites of the eggs
- Bake the cake for 35-45 minutes until it springs back when lightly pressed.
- The time necessary will depend on the size and shape of your tin. A bread tin, for instance, will bake faster than a round tin.
Try this mocha butter cake recipe. Your family will love it. The cake is tasty enough as it is, but if you prefer, you may use frosting to decorate the cake.
Good news, I know about a machine that is ideal for all kinds of baking. Have a look at the KitchenAid Artisan 5-Quart Stand Mixers. Go There now at: http://mykitchenonline.info/kitchenaid-artisan-5-quart-stand-mixers/